Recently was given an application with Windows Authentication that i had to create performance test scripts using JMeter as a tool.
Microsoft CRM Dynamics in itself is a complex system adding lengthy scenarios for performance testing would make it worse if you can't quickly get going recording, Hence i went ahead recording the scipts
Follow the usual steps of setting up Proxy Server & Overriding any group policy set :
1. Create a New Test Plan
2. Right Click on WorkBench Click on Non Test Elements >HTTP Proxy Elements Just like shown below
3. Enter all details you would like to have refer to my other post on how to exclude or include a specific URL patterns
If you have strict network settings just like ours where you can't chnage your local network settings
4. Change the Group Policy The local Group Policy object on
5. Check the option for Enable Proxy Settings.
6. Now access regedit from the run command. Windows > Internet Settings > Proxy Server - Enter localhost:8080
7. Now Click on ProxyEnable 1 like the two options shown
8. Now that we have all we need to start recording over firewall.
9. So we have a Test plan with a Thread Group,HTTP Proxy Server being added to it all you now need to do is click on start
10. You'll see all your actions recorded as a child to the Thread group.
Now let's not forget we did all the above to capture actions of an application that needs a Windows Authentication. So when you playback
11. Make sure you add a HTTP Authorization Manager to each of your transaction.
12. Enter the Server name,Domain,Username,Password just like shown ins creen shot
Hope these steps help in recording Windows Based Applications and reinventing the wheel again save time